Thank you for visiting our Children’s Exam web page.
Newborn screening tests include not only PKU/Thyroid and sickle cell, but now also several other tests that screen for otherwise undetected disorders in the newborn. When caught in time, many of these disorders can be treated and prevent such complications as eye problems, failure of the baby to grow normally, mental retardation, seizures, and even death. Please visit our Newborn Screening section for more information.A children’s exam is a comprehensive screening exam that includes a review of the required immunizations specific for each age. TennCare children, up to the age of 21, are eligible for an EPSDT exam (Early Periodic Screening, Diagnosis and Treatment). This is a comprehensive 7- component head to foot exam that includes screening for proper developmental growth. Many health problems are diagnosed and treated early before they become more complex. A child can also be examined for head lice. The staff at SullivanCounty regional health department can offer helpful tips on how to control this problem.
- Communicable and Environmental Diseases and Emergency PreparednessWilliam Valdez2017-09-20T18:37:24-04:00
- Preventive DentalWilliam Valdez2022-02-06T14:35:31-05:00
- Data & Statisticsadmin2022-02-06T14:40:27-05:00
- Men’s Healthadmin2022-02-06T14:35:04-05:00
- Women & Childrenadmin2022-06-21T16:42:07-04:00
- Vital Recordsadmin2023-03-08T15:22:12-05:00
- Lifestyle Focusadmin2022-02-06T08:51:39-05:00