WIC services are now being provided by phone! Call to schedule your next WIC appointment at 423-279-2777. Please email WIC related documents for your appointment to firstname.lastname@example.org
The WIC program is the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children. WIC provides nutrition education and supplemental foods for pregnant, breastfeeding and postpartum women, and infants and children from birth up to the age of five.
Breastfeeding instruction and support are strong components of the WIC program. Sullivan County WIC staff provide information to assist mothers in making informed decisions about infant feeding choices.
For breast feeding information and support click here
Why you should apply for WIC…
WIC plays an important role in improving birth outcomes and lowering healthcare costs. WIC improves infant feeding practices by promoting breastfeeding and also improves dietary intake of children 1-5. All WIC services are free to those who are eligible!
Do you qualify for WIC?
Income cannot exceed 185% of the federal poverty level. WIC determines income based on gross household income. WIC counts all of the members of a household, related or unrelated. WIC counts an unborn baby as a household member.
- For WIC income guidelines click here
- WIC clients must have a medical or nutritional risk to receive benefits. This screening will be completed at your WIC appointment.
- Tennessee WIC clients must reside in Tennessee.
How to make an appointment…
Call the Sullivan County Regional Health Department at 423-279-2777 to make an appointment in either the Kingsport or Blountville office.
- Communicable and Environmental Diseases and Emergency PreparednessWilliam Valdez2017-09-20T18:37:24-04:00
- Preventive DentalWilliam Valdez2022-02-06T14:35:31-05:00
- Data & Statisticsadmin2022-02-06T14:40:27-05:00
- Men’s Healthadmin2022-02-06T14:35:04-05:00
- Women & Childrenadmin2022-06-21T16:42:07-04:00
- Vital Recordsadmin2023-03-08T15:22:12-05:00
- Lifestyle Focusadmin2022-02-06T08:51:39-05:00